Friday, June 20, 2014

emails and paperwork



8 am
                So very late. I suppose it comes of going out last night. We went to the Taste of The Town and spent most of it in the beer tent. I only had one beer, but still we got home kind of late and besides that I also had ice cream which probably didn’t help with the sleeping. We met up with friends so it was reasonably lively. It was nice because we were so social on the trip and then return home to our usual stay at home see nobody lives so it was good to get out and about.
                Biggest, or rather most important project for today is to find a copy of the John and Abigail Adams tuition scholarship letter for G. Unbeknownst to me it must be submitted each semester to get the tuition waver. Only about $900 off of $7000 but still, not $900 I want to lose. I could not find it in my papers, though my search was not exhaustive, so my next hope is that they have a copy at the HS. I will call them in a bit. If they do have it I will bike up there. I put off til the end of the day calling financial aid yesterday at which point I found out that I need it. Well. What I did do yesterday was plow through Comcast emails. So satisfying to delete tons and tons of them. And move some few that seemed important. Mostly it was fair and biking emails that I deleted. Of course I still have a whole biking folder to go through.
There is a cardinal out here scolding a wren very loudly. They sure are pretty enough but also quite obnoxious.
And I spun yesterday. I went through the plucking records to see who needs it – really just Fabio – but did no plucking. I finished a bobbin of the pink. Another to go then I can ply that then there is just one more 3 oz bag! Satisfying. And some extra stuff including some darker pink that I had blended w gray so that will be fun to do. I restarted the wrist warmers w #10 needles, now I think they may be too big! Well I guess I’ll try it. I can knit just a bit and see how it turns out. And if I need to I can rip it out again
Oh brother I just had to futz with a stupid Java update thing that did not seem to work. Oh well and now the computer seems sluggish. Oh well again.
The other thing I just barely started was to organize the huge pile of papers. I basically just pulled it all into one pile. Today I will need to start going through it. Ugh. What I did yesterday was start going through all the stuff on the table – putting it away and such. I even took the scraps of my old sweater and attempted to sew the edges so they could be used at hot pads. It did not turn out well, but it did mean that I got the sewing machine set back up (not done since I had it serviced many months ago! I have not actually used it in years, so it was nice to use it. I put the attempted hot pads in the laundry pile, I will attempt felting them, see if that helps at all. If not, I will toss them.
Buns need feeding (and I need feeding!). I am going to have to get a bale of hay somewhere as I am nearly out.

No comments: