Thursday, July 15, 2010

A thwarted attempt

I decided to attempt using our "ancient" (2004!) laptop outside to write this morning, but I can't get it to connect to the internet. It is a total pain of a laptop besides being huge and bulky. It sucks because I had been thinking that I could lend it to my friend whose laptop had died, but if it won't connect, what is the point? I have often had trouble in the past, and can usually by some magic incantations get it to connect, but of course, being magic,one cannot write them down or commit them to memory. So it goes, and thus I am again stuck inside to write.

I think I should go back to the technique of writing first before I meditate, so I can purge my brain of whatever random thoughts are in it. Not that it would truly work, since more random thoughts would still pop up.

My friend did "purchase" an item from my Etsy page, and it worked fine, so that is good. I need to find someone with paypal to try that part. And of course now I need to repost that item (back to its original price). In a bit I will put up a photo of the lovely dark stuff I am carding, destined to be spun up fine and then knit into the stuff for my niece. The rambouillet  I am using is really soft and nice, and not too messy or tangled.

Yesterday the dd and I went on a college tour. It was actually pretty fun, even if it is not a school she wants to go to - the tour guide was absolutely adorable, but as dd noted, she never said a word about academics!

Oh - big news!! Angel had her  babies - 2 of them! Finally I get something out of Blizzard - he has not seemed very effective in the mating department lately. Bathseba is acting decidedly broody also. It's just as well having these small litters, I hardly need more babies. I tried again with Lucky and Onyx - ever hopeful, but I doubt anything will come of those. 

What else is there to say? I think this blog idea is not the ideal way to do morning pages, because I do feel constricted. Like I don't exactly want to tell the Universe (even though the universe, and in fact not even a single soul, actually reads this) things like if I am feeling grumpy and about what, or complain about the things I usually complain about in my journal.

I think I will clip the nest hair for the new baby, take a pic and take a pic of the carded stuff that is so soft and lovely.

No comments: