Tuesday, September 20, 2011

fairs and what-not


7:30 am
                Ok. I am grumpy and my butt hurts and my tummy feels crummy. So there. And not really any good reason for any of it because today is….Lovely Tuesday when I don’t have to go into work, so I can be home and do all the home stuff that needs doing. Like work on some knitting that I would like to finish in anticipation of the fair on Saturday. Speaking of which, the fair last Saturday was ok. Not great. I made about $200 after taking out the fee, so that is, as I said, ok but certainly not great given the work involved. And I do NOT like the space since there was a fan going the entire day that gave off a high-pitched whine that made me crazy. If I go again next year I will ask for a space away from the fan. I never actually walked around to see anyone else’s set up so I don’t know if the sound was as bad on the other side.  I did see lots of folks and did lots of socializing which is probably a good thing, though it is a lot of it packed into one day. I really wish I had a booth set up that felt good to me. I tried some different stuff this time – I used my sister’s old metal shelving unit for example. I liked the part that I put on a table, but the part that I made tall and used for hanging skeins I didn’t like so much. Everything takes so much space and I feel like my use of space is not efficient enough. One thing I forgot was the spinning rack I have used for hats and I want to be sure to remember that this week. I just feel that I have not hit on a really good way to display skeins. I have some hanging, and that is ok but they do get kind of tangled, especially the angora or heavily blended ones. I much prefer winding the skeins up, but then how to display them? I used my niece’s set of metal squares that go together in a variety of ways, but I’m not sure I like it. The skeins just sit there and I feel are not really displayed well. Maybe what I need are some of those metal racks that attach to the easy up tent and from which you can have those metal bars extending out. Skeins could then be hung on those, one color to each bar. If any of that makes any sense as I doubt. I guess I’ll look on line and see how vastly expensive they are.
                I went to the csa yesterday (switched from Fri pick up to Mon) and got a bunch of eggplant which I want to roast today. Cut them up, toss with olive oil and put in the oven kind of low for a while. A different form of ratatouille than the usual frying. AND I want to get a solar food dryer. Some day. Or rather make one. Some day.
                One thing I won’t do today is work, or at least nothing much. I suppose I could try to get the mailtool working on Ella so I can send a message out to my groups. Anyway, I’ve been working really hard with all the labs and it will be nice not to.
                Oh, another idea I had: instead of morning pages or daily poem, I “ought to” try a Daily Photo. Or rather a Daily Etsy Entry. Try to get that all started again. Of course, even thinking about it makes me think of Roxanne and that kind of makes my stomach hurt. Oh brother. Anyway, the idea would be to get some location set up so that it would be actually easy to, every day, take a photo of a skein, a knit object, whatever, and then immediately post it on Etsy. It’s an idea. 


No comments: