Thursday, July 12, 2007




hello world again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just reset my password for about the fourth time because of this blogger moving to google thing which I find very confusing. I keep resetting it then forgetting my password! So now I've written in down and I just have to remember where I wrote it.....
I have made a decision. I think I will use this blog, along with writing about my foibles on getting a web presence and trying to sell yarn etc, all of which continue, as a Complaint Site. I find that I get vaguely nauseated by all those blogs out there with unflappably cheerful tones (my apologies to any cheerful writers who may actually read this, I'm sure I don't mean YOU). I am not an unflappably cheerful person but I do try to present a reasonably pleasant demeanor to the world, and I find I do need an outlet for good old fashioned GRIPING. So gripe I will and if you the blessed reader does not like it, you can find other blogs to read, which is certainly easy to do.

Sooooo, first gripe: I have colitis which I found out last month after having a routine (hurray for turning 50!) colonoscopy. And I just had another one at which the lovely doc took lots of bits to biopsy presumably for cancer - doesn't that sound like fun? It wasn't and I felt like garbage yesterday, but the good doc did put me on meds last month and I seem to be recovering more quickly from the trauma this time.
Second gripe: boy it sure is taking a long long time to get a web page created. I first (last summer!) attempted the direct html method. I didn't get too far. Now I am onto Dreamweaver, a program I have at my work computer. It is a pain in the ass if you ask me. I think I would do better if I could learn it via a class, and they do offer such classes at work every now and then, but I didn't catch one last spring and I don't know if they'll have one in the fall. So I'm on my own which is very tedious. It involves using the tutorials provided, and the book I got for Christmas last year. And the thing is, I really do not need a complicated web-site, just something simple and straight forward, no flashing buttons or dancing bunnies or anything, so IT SHOULD NOT BE HARD. ' nough said. It is hard.
Well for a little visual distraction, I will show an example of what I have been doing in preparation for the upcoming web presence: photos of all my skeins.
Oh drat, I forgot I need to resize the damn things for the blog... try again:

well, loverly except that they are at the top. Too damn bad! Gotta go.


No comments: