Tuesday, August 14, 2007

plod plod plod

I still as ever plod away with this web page. It looks way way better, I'm getting happier with it. However, I have for my own organizational purposes, divided my skeins of yarn by: 100% Angora, 100% wool, Angora Blends and Plies. I realize now that these are not effective divisions for most people, especially since it is not really clear what is meant by a "ply" or a "Blend." I sometimes use other fibers besides angora and wool, and I use all sorts of combinations. I think I may reorganize by grist/weight/count - you know, like fingering or worsted, those rather fluid hard to pin down descriptive terms. But they are ubiquitous and they will be familiar. Oh dear, more work.
I have also been taking Marcie's advice and checking out other blogs and even (oh risky - what if they think I'm stupid?) leaving little comments. Mostly like saying how cool the stuff they make is. What I really want to say is - oh wow, the stuff you make is WAY COOL and way cooler than the stuff I make and I feel incompetent in comparison. But that does not seem very positive....

No comments: