Friday, September 03, 2010

Work Begins

8:10 am
All alone. Rather nice actually. Dh and friend are at the farm – dh will drive him back to the airport on Sat so we don’t have to deal with finding space for him in a full house. Then dh will come back through here and we will all 3 go up to the farm together. Dd is off at school. Woo hoo senior year. Now my big thing to think about is how to get her to Macaulister and Carelton (neither of which have I probably spelled correctly). I’m going to obsess about it for a while. It is great that she has taken the initiative to say she wants to visit them; I just wish she had done so over the summer which would have been a lot easier. Well, maybe not a lot. In any case they are far away and to get their either takes a really long time (drive), is expensive (fly) or both (train). And if she flies out by herself then things have to be all carefully arranged to get her to and from the campuses. Is there anywhere else she will decide she wants to visit?
I went into work yesterday – oh I guess I wrote that. It was good. I’ll go in today for a while to finish setting up the metabolism equipment, and to try out the video stuff for the jumping lab we will do later in the semester. Last year I was getting into arriving much earlier than I used to so I could do all the prep stuff. So I would take the 8:30 bus. Now lecture is 11-12:15. That will take getting used to. And I could potentially get into a situation where I show up quite late…. I’ll just have to see what is required for setting up each week. It means there is a lot less of that potential “dead” time between 11-1:15. It also means less time to feel prepared. And a long lecture. I hope I don’t get drowsy… and it is late so I will probably get really hungry. I will need to eat something before lecture. It is nice to have just 2 lectures and “4th hour” on Fri, instead of 4 basic lecture days.
I managed to do more carding last night. Let’s see, I got home around 4:30, then biked over to my friend’s to swim. Another friend came with her daughters and - miracle of miracles – dd and her friend appeared! We swam and sat around and left about 7. I got back, fed the buns, ate some delicious rabbit stew, and carded a few batts while listening to the strange management tape I got from the library. I keep listening trying to think of ways that it might apply to teaching. Not sure if that works. Oh well.
What else to possibly say? Not much. I have about an hour before I must leave. Bunnies are fed, exercises done, mp’s nearly done, I must shower and dress, meditate and pull together some lunch and eat breakfast, but beyond all that I think I can get in a bit more carding. Don’t know when I’ll be able to dye the stuff, but at least it will be ready. It’s been so very hot these past few days that it would have been ideal for solar dyeing, but I just don’t have stuff to dye yet. I have a lot of dyed uncarded fiber, so I don’t feel the need to dye more just to use the warm sun.

No comments: