Sunday, September 16, 2012

So Many Accomplishments


7:30 am
                It is really cold out here. My days of doing MP’s in the “sun room” soon to be called “cold room” are numbered. Soon I suppose I will be having to start a fire and then I can do MP’s in front of the nice toasty stove. But not yet. It is only mid-september. And I am cold and I ache all over. I managed to run 3 times last week, or was it only twice? Each one was a real slog. And I did my stretches most days. So why do I ache so much now? Maybe the switch into having to do so much sitting at a desk. Except that I don’t do that much of that since I spend a good bit of time running around at work. Well, anyway, poor me I feel kind of crappy.
                Yesterday. It was satisfying and I got a good bit done: hung out laundry, sorted worms (though I did not finish the bin yet), pulled the old tomatoes out of the 3rd raised bed, ready now to fill with compost, oh and in the am, G and I went to – the bank to figure out why they are charging her fees (bc in the summer the little $5 direct deposit from MHC stops), the PO to mail the items that sold on Etsy (!), CVS to pick up my ‘scipt,’ vet’s to get T’s food, and to the Take-It-Or-Leave-It at the dump to leave some stuff and to take some stuff. It was a very satisfying bunch of errands and nice to do them with G. AND I got Mom’s estimated tax checks written and in their envelopes. Of course, stupid me could not deal with doing that right away in the am, so I could not mail them yesterday, so I will mail them tomorrow and they will be late. Well, too frigging bad. It will be done.
                The revised manual did get put on Ella yesterday, so that is good. I will need to buckle down at some point today and review my notes for lab next week and write up a lesson plan. And I will need to grade the pre-labs they handed in. damn. What else will I do today? Oh, I forgot a biggy from yesterday – I actually managed to get all the old skins out of their tanning baths. I washed them all in dish soap and hung them up to start drying. Now, of course, will be the really tedious part of working them as they dry. I have a few that I had tried drying earlier and tried working, that just were not turning out well, so I put them back in a bath. I don’t know how those will turn out. There were a few that had really loose hair which I tried to pull off with varied success. We’ll see how those turn out. And others that seem more normal, but we will see also how they turn out! Could be all a complete waste. If they do work out reasonably, then I MUST find the time to actually make something. I think a hat from the skins with hair. Then eventually gloves from the others. That will be a big project. I also fleshed the two from last week, and put them in a fresh bath. AND, after all that, I managed to cook up the livers with the leeks that had been sitting there waiting for me. And it turned out DELICIOUS. There is still cooked rabbit from last week to eat, and now there is this, and I cooked eggplant so need to make some baba ganoush. Or maybe I will freeze the eggplant and make the baba later. And…….I have to deal with the last rabbit. I have not looked at it in a few days so I hope that it is still ok. I would like to freeze the big bits then cut them up and marinate them for jerky.
                So you see, lots to do today. And maybe go to BS and Hastings for a paper and croissant. I wish they had tasty things besides croissant that seemed a little less decadent. But what would that be, tasty but not decadent???
               


isit my new Etsy Shop!!http://www.etsy.com/shop/twistedmysteries

No comments: