Monday, January 14, 2013

work, Tigger, worries


6:20 am
                Boy I do not want to be up and I don’t want to go in to work. I feel like I did not have a very restful weekend (in spite of all those late mornings I keep having) and so am not ready to head back. And this week will be relatively easy, then next week classes start back up and then the grading starts and then it is all over. Add to that the fact that I also must do taxes and FAFSA very soon….. so I had better really do the best I can to keep things smooth and easy at work so that I can focus on the taxes here. Meaning I won’t have much time for anything fun… which is kind of how I felt this weekend. I did fair stuff, I did finances, I did some cooking and I plucked bunnies. I managed to spin one skein, but that is all. And I did get in some walks, though they were not especially “fun’ ones, just walking on the road to Atkins and then to get the car. And Tigger is not doing very well. His leg is definitely worse and now he does not want his breakfast which is not a good sign. I feel terrible about it. Poor guy.
                I managed to pick up a few things after book club yesterday. That may not have helped my mood. Not much can annoy me as much as going to Walmart. Well I did manage to find the storage bins and batteries I need for work, and I found I few things that I wanted myself – 2 thermometers, one for the freezer and one I can use for meat and may also be able to use for yogurt, and one other thing. I remember cutting off the plastic attachments to its cardboard label deal, but I have no idea what it was. Oh, yes, a new pastry cutter inner deal. Oh brother. One of those things for cutting the butter into flour for pie crust. The one I had broke. This one has a lifetime guarantee. Woopdedoo.  I wonder if the other one did, too. So now I guess I am supposed to keep these big cardboard things (the thermometers also have warrantees) so that when they fail eventually I will look up the cardboard, attached of course to the sales slip, and contact the company (which will probably be out of business…..). Well. Maybe I will actually save them. Something else to do.
                Now I am in a quandary. My plan was to get up early and get myself to the gym, then get to work early because I must leave early (more fair stuff, I am going to meet a cochair at the fairgrounds to measure things for the tent). But now I am worried about Tigger. He did not want his bfast when I first gave it to him. He went outside for a while then barked to come in. He walked back over to his breakfast, but I do not think he ate it. And now I am going to leave soon and not come home until quite late (I figure I’ll be back by 5:30 maybe). I’ll leave his bfast there, but if he gets sick or anything, he’ll be on his own.  I could ask L to pop in, but she will not have the car, and she doesn’t do well with Tigger, so what would she do? So should I wait, not go to the gym, go in later then I had planned so that I can see how he is doing?
                Well I guess I had better get on with things…

No comments: